Extreme Fitness is a retailer of home and commercial fitness equipment based in the UK owned by Fitness Online Direct Ltd.
Extreme Fitness is GDPR compliant and ensures the safeguarding of our customer data with respect. Your details will be kept safe and secure, only used by us, or those who work for us, and will not be shared with anyone else.
Should you have any reason to contact us regarding data then write to email@example.com
Extreme Fitness collects customer data for these purposes:
* When you register for an Extreme Fitness Account, we ask you for personal information. We may share this information with third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services for the below purposes.
* Marketing purposes to inform customers about relevant goods and services, sharing our best, free delivery periods and competitions.
* We may use a third-party provider to deliver our weekly e-newsletters to tell our customers about our offers, free delivery periods, as well as health tips and competitions.
* Personal data may be used to send triggered emails, such as cart abandonment and purchase confirmation emails
* Personal data may be used to personalise marketing, for example to suggest products that are related to your previous purchases.
* During the purchasing process in order to secure payment, delivery and tracking.
* Approved finance companies who deal directly with the customer when requested to by the customer to facilitate their purchase.
* Payment providers in order to process secure payments
* Internal finance records in accordance with HMRC.
* Warranty purposes in order to protect our customers rights.
* Technology providers
* Customer and maintenance services who deal with the purchasing process and aftercare service for our customers.
* Delivery Companies in order to deliver and track your goods
* We may work with third parties who are not within the EU, and where this is the case, they are compliant with GDPR equivalent standards within their country of business.
* Online retail partners in order to fulfil customer purchases where delivery is arranged direct from the retail partner.
* Visitors to the website | When someone visits www.extremefitness.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitors behaviour patterns. We do this to find out visitor behavioural patterns on the website in order to improve the experience for the customer. This process does not identify individuals and we do not make any attempt to identify our visitors, nor does Google.
* Search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by either Extreme Fitness or any third party.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
We also use third party cookies for the marketing visitors as they browse the web.3. PROCESSING YOUR PAYMENTS
After you place an order on our website you will need to make payment for the goods or services you have ordered. In order to process your payment we use PayPal a third party payment processor.
Your payment will be processed by the above provider, who collect, use and process your information, including payment information, in accordance with their privacy policies.
We want to provide the best possible service to our customers and if we do not receive full details from our customers then there it will affect the customer experience in the below ways:
* Safe delivery of their order
* Payment processing
* Tracking of their order
* Warranty of their produces
* Communications become less effective5. HOW LONG IS INFORMATION RETAINED FOR?
Due to the nature of our business where we provide home and commercial customers with fitness equipment which has on average a 5 year warranty and due to analysis into the customer life cycle when purchasing our fitness equipment, we will retain customer information for 5 years.
Due to HMRC rules and regulations we are legally obliged to retain customer records for 6 year.6. YOUR RIGHTS
Under GDPR you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
You can read more about these rights here
Extreme Fitness is GDPR compliant and safeguards our customer data safely and with respect. Your details will be kept safe and secure, only used by us, or those who work for us, and will not be shared with anyone else.
Should you have any reason to contact us regarding data then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not be satisfied with our assistance then you are free to contact the ICO, the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.7. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Extreme Fitness tries to be as open as possible about giving people access to their personal information any by making a ‘subject access request’. Following that request, if we then hold information about you we will:
* Give you a description of it
* Inform you of why we are holding it
* Inform you who it could be disclosed to
* Let you have a copy of your information
Please note that if you request that your personal information is deleted then that it will take Extreme Fitness 48 hours to do so.
To make a request to Extreme Fitness for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing and sending it via email to email@example.com. OR by post to:
Unit B Bankwell business park
If you agree, we will try and deal with you request informally and once your ID is confirmed we will email you your data in a common electronic format such as csv or xls.
If we hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes or to unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. OR writing to the address stated above.8. JOB APPLICANTS, CURRENT AND FORMER EXTREME FITNESS EMPLOYEES
Extreme Fitness is the data controller for the information you provide during the process unless otherwise stated. If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at email@example.com. INFORMATION SECURITY
We take appropriate security methods to protect against unauthorised access to the data we hold. This includes, internal reviews, data collection reviews, storage and processing practices and security measures, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt any payment transactions you make on or via our website.10. COMPLAINTS ENQUIRIES
Extreme Fitness endeavours to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive very seriously and we welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was collated following much research and analysis across the business and we are happy to provide any additional information or any explanations needed.
If you wish to make a complaint about the way that we process your personal information, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.